MANUSCRIPT FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS:
The size of the body text of the article (without abstracts and literature) shall make not less than 0,5 of a printer’s sheet / 12 pages / 21600-22000 characters with blanks. The total size of the article shall not exceed 25 pages.
Type: Times New Roman, 14 point, line spacing: 1.5, margins (top, bottom, left, right): 2,0 cm each.
If tables and (or) drawings are given in the article they shall be concise and entitled. Type: Times New Roman, 14 point.
Mathematical formulae shall be thoroughly checked and printed clearly. The number of tables, formulae and illustrations shall be minimal and appropriate.
- A UDC-code, first-line indent, left alignment.
- Next line contains information about the author (given in the language of the article (Ukrainian, Russian, English, German, Chinese), right alignment: first name, middle name, last name of the author (authors), scientific degree and academic rank, position and institution, state, E-mail, ORCID ID, Researcher ID or Scopus ID – if any.
- Next line is the title of the article in bold lettering, first letter capitalized, without a paragraph-aligned indent, centred. The title shall be short (no more than 12 words) and reflect the content of the article.
- Next line is an abstract given in the language of the article (without the word “abstract”, first-line indent, justified text, italic). Limited to 1800 characters without spaces. The abstract shall be a coherent text with the following structural elements: relevance of the study,objective of the article, methodology, content of the study, results.
- Next line is key words: “Key words” title in bold, first-line indent, justified, line spacing single, italic.
- In a line the body text of the article is placed.
The article shall obligatory include the following elements that are to be entitled in the text: Introduction (general statement of the problem and its links to relevant scientific and practical tasks, analysis of the main studies and publications on the problem involved); Objectives and Goals of the Research; Materials and Methods; Results of the Study (procedure of the theoretical and methodological and/or experimental study, the basics and the major findings of the research); Discussion; Conclusions (and perspectives of further research); Literature; References.
- Citations and internal quotes are arranged in APA style, for instance, (Petrov, 2018); in case the page of the source is given, it is separated by a colon, for instance, (Petrov, 2018: 120).
- Tables, schemes, drawings and diagrams designed by the author and not copied from other publications shall be placed centred without a first-line indent right after being quoted in the text. The word “Table” and its number are written in italics above, right alignment. The title of the table is given below centred.
- Formulae are given in a separate line without a first-line indent centred, numbered in Arabic numerals in round brackets on the right side of the page.
- The list of literature is given after the body text of the article. Only sources quoted in the text shall be placed there. The word “Literature” is written in upper case, first-line indent, left aligned. The numbered sources are listed below in alphabetical order. The list of literature used shall primarily include references to the books and articles from periodicals (scientific issues and journals) indexed by the Core Collections of Web of Science, Scopus, etc. Literature shall be arranged in accordance with the requirements of “DSTU 8302:2015. Bibliographic reference. General provisions and regulations”.
- Referencesare arranged in accordance with an APA standard.
References is the list of literature translated into English, transliterated and arranged according to the international style of formatting scientific findings – APA (American Psychological Association) style.
- The following characters are used in the article text: quotation marks – (“”), an apostrophe – (‘), a hyphen (-), and a dash (–) – the difference is in size and blanks before and after a dash. No space is placed before a colon (:).
- After the article information about the author is to be provided in Ukrainian (if the article is written in Russian) and English (first name, middle name, last name of the author (authors), scientific degree and academic rank, position and institution, state, E-mail, ORCID ID, Researcher ID or Scopus ID – if any), the title of the article, author’s abstract limited to 1800 characters, including key words. The abstract shall be a coherent text covering the following information: relevance of the study, objective of the article, methodology, content of the study, its results. Full reproduction of the title of the article shall be avoided in the abstract.
- At the end of the page the article shipping date is indicated.
Information about the author (authors) on a separate page shall be attached to the article: last name, first name, middle name, place of work (place of study for post-graduate students), position, scientific degree and academic rank, home address (postcode is obligatory), E-mail, phone numbers, post address (or address of Nova Poshta department) to send a printed version of the journal.
The article and additional materials are to be sent at email@example.com (please indicate the author’s name in the subject).
Money transfer is carried out after a positive decision of the editorial board to accept an article for publication is received. The editorial board has the right to check articles for plagiarism, submit for additional review, as well as decline those of them that do not meet the requirements and scientific directions of the journal.
Publication fee to cover publishing costs of an article in the scientific journal «Scientific Issues of South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K. D. Ushynsky: Linguistic Studies» makes 50 UAH per 1 page, paper size A4.
THE EDITORIAL BOARD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF THE ARTICLES AND MAY NOT SHARE THE AUTHORS’ POINT OF VIEW!
Languages of publication: are Ukrainian, Russian, English, German, Chinese and Korean.